Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Carlo Rossi Chianti

Hi there everyone! The Jenkins's better half has taken over the blog tonight to bring you a review of a nice bottle ... errr jug ... of chianti by Carlo Rossi. So tonight was a pizza night and I figured that a glass of cheap red wine would go better with a cheap oven-bake pizza than a bottle of expensive exotic beer. The only thing we had in the house as far as red wine was concerned was a jug of Carlo Rossi Chianti. So that's what I had.

Now, I generally prefer drinking wine over beer because I'm pretty good at guessing what the notes in whatever wine I'm drinking wine are. The Jenkins and I have an ongoing contest where I have a taste of our evening bottle of wine and try to guess what the back of the bottle says it tastes like. So far I've been mostly dead on.
Back to the Carlo Rossi. This is definitely not a wine to impress your date with. But it's not bad either. It's dry and a bit sour; and it tastes like metallic green chiles with a bit of black pepper. It's decent red table wine that goes great with things like cheap pizza, or maybe Hot Pockets. Come to think of it, this wine definitely tastes processed. So yeah, drink it with a Hot Pocket or a cheap, oven-bake pizza or a heaping helping of Hamburger Helper, but get something a little better to go with your steak on the grill or beef burgundy.
Until next time,
The Muffin

2.5 Jenkins (It's good enough ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment