Monday, August 15, 2011

Urthel Samaranth Quadrium Ale

(De Leyerth Brouwerijen, Belgium, 11% EtOH)

It was a quaint storefront query that created this quest to quench my curiosity and quantify the quality of Quadrium’s questionable character quickly leading me to quaff a quart of this quaint Quadrupel cocktail; I initially quailed at the quandary I had caused, but, calming myself, I came to a conclusion concerning this quirky beverage whilst contemplating the quagmire of crapulence created by my own callous and careless consumption. (is alliteration dead?)

After that big pile of nothing, I’m sure my (two or three) readers are eager to see what I actually thought of this stuff. Well, for starters, it does not give very good head. Nope. Poor quality head. Just check the pic above.

The taste was crisp and smooth, so light, in fact, that the whopping 11% alcohol content pimp slaps you in the face with its ring-hand from lack of competitive flavor. Don’t misunderstand, the beer flavor itself is very nice, with a faintly sweet character and only a mild hoppiness, almost like an amber. The problem is that one is mostly overwhelmed by the “spirited” nature of this ale rather than the actual “taste” part. I will say this; by the time I was nearing the end of the bottle, I no longer cared what it, or anything else, tasted like.

3 Jenkins (Wheeeeeeeeee! *thud)

No comments:

Post a Comment