Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Storm King Stout

(Victory Brewing Co., Downingtown, PA 9.1% EtOH)

The last time I tried this, I was so blindly intoxicated in a bar that I might as well have been drinking boiled rabbit urine for all I could taste. For all its medicinal properties, however, boiled rabbit urine doesn't hold a candle to this stuff as far as drinkability and overall smell are concerned. 

Storm King has expected espresso and chocolate flavors, deep roastiness (is that a real word?) with a mild bitter finish to linger on the back of your tongue. It's a little on the fizzy side in my opinion, and lacks the viscosity I typically look for in a good stout. It is otherwise well balanced though, and you won't notice the 9.1% abv until it is far, far too late. In essence, a nice brew that will get you slobbering drunk approximately twice as fast as your average stout.

3.5 Jenkins (The brewery of choice for the Allied powers)

No comments:

Post a Comment